Career Enhancement Cell
The Career Enhancement Cell (CEC) is effectuated to provide training-learning opportunities to the students to bring out holistic development and also to prepare them for campus placements and many other career objectives.
- To emphasize on personal values and work ethics in students.
- To develop Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Skills among students
- To transform students into competent working-professionals, and responsible citizens of the country.
- To synthesise soft skills, English language skills and inculcate effective communication skills in students.
- To guide all the students in setting their goals, both short-term and long-term, and taking every possible care to provide all the required inputs or guidance for accomplishment of their goals.
- Books are available on improving self-confidence, goal-setting, communication skills etc.
- Books on competitive exams like GRE, TOEFL, CAT, MAT, GATE, APTITUDE, UGC-NET, Central Civil Services, State Group Services are made available to the students to pursue their career goals.
- Computers with high-end configuration, internet facility to serve the students better.
- Wi-Fi facility for the students to browse through career-related websites.
Members of CEC committee
Functions of the committee members
- To associate with the Director, CEC in the routine duties related to CEC.
- To organize value-based workshops/seminars/webinars.
- To participate in the deliberations related to activities of CEC.
- To co-ordinate the training sessions with the support of class in-charges.
Career Enhancement Cell Activities at SPHN
- Devising and conducting training programs to suit the screening processes of the visiting companies and as per the training needs defined by the Placement Wing.
- Providing inputs on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Aptitude, Verbal Aptitude and Soft Skills to the students in a focused manner, viz., company-specific short-term workshops at the eleventh hour and semester-long scheduling of classroom trainings for the overall and all-rounded development of each student.
- Helping the students aspiring for studies abroad in short-listing of universities and colleges that precisely suit their individual profiles. (This is to prevent the private consultancies that always try to promote their preferred colleges/universities for pecuniary gains, at the cost of the students’ aspirations.)
- Preparing Letters of Recommendation (LoRs) on behalf of the Principal / Professors / HoDs so as to avoid an additional burden on them and to issue error-free LoRs. After taking the prior consent from the aforesaid concerned, the CEC will rectify the errors found in the LoRs brought by the student and, then, the possible improvisation will be done. Printouts will then be sent to the concerned signees for their nod and sign.
- Inviting the experts and arranging workshops/seminars/webinars on how to prepare oneself and how to crack competitive exams like CAT, Civil Services, Sate Group Services, Banking recruitment etc. in order to equip the students with various plans, techniques and strategies.