Placements at SPHN
Training & Placement Cell has an important role to play in a student’s future and is an indispensable pillar of the Institute. This cell continuously strives to help students in pursuing their career goals by acquiring employment-seeking skills and ultimately to attain desired employment. This is accomplished through building a strong partnership amongst students, alumni, faculty-members and industries.
The Head-Training & Placements Dr. M Satish Kumar with about 2 years of industry experience & 10 years in academic institution with international exposure, expertise in multiple domains is at the helm of affairs. The in-demand technologies are explored, standardized, and incorporated into the training modules.
Co-partnering Training Programmes & Academic Partnerships, Linkage with Industries and Organizations, Industrial Visits, In plant Training, Companies associated with the Institution, Distinguished Visitors. T & P Cell will be continuously working on Industry Interaction, Making Students Placement Ready, Training the students and Performance Tracking of Students.
- To organize trainings on Aptitude Tests and Soft Skills to help students face the Interview Processes of various Organizations.
- To arrange technical and career guidance related seminars/workshops to help students improve their technical knowledge and to let them decide on career path.
- To organize placement drives for giving students jobs and also awarding them a great career path.
Training and Placement Cell has been established with the following major objectives in order to assist students to develop their academic and career interests, and help them in achieving their short-term and long-term goals through individual counselling and group discussion.
- Assist students to develop and implement successful job search strategies
- Empower students with life-long, career decision-making skills.
- Act as an interface among students, alumni and the employment community.
- Work with faculty members, department heads and administration to integrate career planning with academic curriculum.
Functions & Responsibilities
- To help the Placement Cell to organize the various processes like written test, group discussion, technical interviews, HR interviews when companies come to the campus for placement drive.
- To coordinate the soft skills training programmers of the respective departments.
- To intimate students well in advance about the forth coming drives and selection process.
- To guide the students for necessary preparation for the drives.
- To arrange internships for third- and fourth-year students.
- To organize career development seminars and workshops.
- To invite companies to interact with students.
- To activate resources for needy students to apply for jobs.
- To organize guest lectures on career development by expertise of the field.