Teaching Learner Center
Acknowledging the Transformation in Engineering Educations System, Sphoorthy Engineering College has started Teaching-Learning center in May 2018 with a group of academicians to empower teaching community through vibrant approaches:
- Fostering innovative, collaborative and evidence-based effective teaching-learning practices
- Empowering the teaching fraternity in use of information and communication technologies (ICT) for teaching-learning process
- Exposing the faculty to assessment and evaluation strategies
- Focusing on OBE in-line with accreditation
- Promoting learner centric environment
- Providing an opportunity for educators to share their effective teaching and learning practices
- Inculcating research culture among the teaching fraternity
- Endow the faculty through FDPs, workshops, training sessions, etc. to bridge the gap in teaching learning process brought in the education system.
- To Enhance Quality of Teaching-Learning Process and Activities in the Departments of Engineering and Technology.
- To promote various Teaching Pedagogies to Faculty.
- To Facilitate Training in OBE (Outcome Based Education).
- To Develop Learning Resources.
TEAM - TLC
- Resource persons
- Core team (3-4 Members)
- Technical Staff
TLC @ Sphoorthy Engineering College is instrumental in empowering the academicians with versatile ICT tools and best Practices in Teaching-Learning for creating an excellent environment in education.
List of Faculty with International Engineering Educator Certification Program.
- Dr.P.Gayathri Pavani, Head, Freshman Engineering
- Mr.G.Mukesh, Assistant Professor, ECE
Activities in the TLC
- Development of Teaching Learning through different pedagogy
- Use ICT tools into teaching and learning
- OBE (Outcome Based Education) in line with accreditation
- Workshops/ Seminars / Conferences on various themes of Teaching and Learning.
- Publications (Handbooks, Proceeding of seminars and Journals on Teaching Learning)